A while back my lovely wife, Lindsey, and I were invited to participate in a 2-month-long residency at Goathead Press over at Mighty Tieton. Mighty Tieton is an unlikely collective of sorts, a community really, comprised of a variety of creative types living in and amongst a book bindery, letterpress studio, print shop, cidery, warehousing, rental cabins and several artist studios. We were the inaugural artists in residence (WOOT!) which basically meant that we got to hang out in the print shop and make art all day. It is my understanding that there has since been several artists slated for other residencies in the coming months. It's nice seeing something like this take off in such a good direction so soon after we concluded residency.
The following several posts will be showcasing the product of my time out at Goathead Press. There is an exhibit in the near future if you have any interest in seeing some of this stuff in real life. Call me for time and location. If you don't have my number then I probably don't want you there. I appreciate your interest all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment